Kripya order karein!

Kripya order karein!
Kripya order karein!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Diwali kab ki hai

That's the question we ask each other as soon as year starts to turn a little old. And now that it's really around the corner, I am wondering how to bring it in. I started with the silver odds and ends today. Maybe with some white jasmine, it will make for a good decor decision. M took some pictures while I cleaned the incense holder and the chaabi ka guchha and the anklets and so on. And my hands are having their own Scarlett O'Hara moment now ('you've been working like a mule'). Tomorrow, we will see what we can make of the wooden pieces. You know, if there is enough interest, maybe I will write a series of posts like this between now and Diwali, sort of like an inspirational mood-board for Diwali. Only if there is interest though (putting up pictures takes a lot of time). Let me know and I hope you are having yourselves a wonderful festive season.









12 comments:

GB said...

Oh yes, bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Umm...the pics r lovely Parul...n they r really settng the mood fr diwali...however i hav questions- wher ws raagu? Wher ws Adi? Ws it middle of the night tht u n M managed this 'fire n delicate objects involved' task?
J's mom

Perfect Witch said...

Beautiful. The light from the candles really made things sparkle, did it not?

Penguin said...

The pictures are gorgeous! Please please put up the series :-)

Choxbox said...

Lovely pix.

You just inspired me to get off my backside and *do something* for Diwali.

Anonymous said...

Yes... there is interest! for sure...

please do continue :) always have followed your diwali decor posts with great awe!

Anya Padyam

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaited...

Vidya said...

Beautiful pictures! First its all the fun and food of Diwali,then comes Halloween with its bags of leftover candy,closely followed by indulgent Xmas!Luckily,the weather gets colder,and I can hide my expanding tires with layers and scarves!

Art said...

That's so pretty

mandira said...

Oh. My. God.
I asked that exact question some 15 days ago.

Lovely silver, lovely diyas and lovely pictures.

Wish you and M and A and R a great diwali.

PS: dont think I stopped reading your blog (even when I gave up blogging). I just stopped commenting. Iam back now. :)

love sms said...

Beautiful pictures! First of all the fun and diwali food, and closely followed by generous xmas remaining Halloween candy comes with its own bag! Fortunately, the cold weather arrives, I layer and scarf to hide my extended tire!

Mom with a Dot said...

Awesome Pic.s :) !