Kripya order karein!

Kripya order karein!
Kripya order karein!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When October comes

I may have mentioned in passing my slight liking for this little-known group called Metallica. That episode where I dragged my mother, M and a one year old Adi to Bologna, Italy for attending a concert was just a momentary lapse of reason (to mix my metaphors and music). And now, they are going to be here. I am looking most nonchalant about the whole thing, not at all childish and excited and what-not. I am not playing Metallica on loop from morning to night. I am not playing their videos to the kids as part of their essential education. I am not tucking them in at night singing 'Exit...Light! Enter....Night! Hold my hand, we are off to never-never land'. No, my son cannot head-bang with the best of rockers. No, my daughter does not own a onesie that says 'I am with the band'. No, I have not been ogling at Metallica tees on Linking Road, wondering just which one to sport for the big concert. No, I do not give the Peace, Bro look to anyone who wears one of those tees. No, I do not get goosebumps when I think of the time I heard the first strains of Ecstasy of Gold. No, I am not praying to every God there is to keep the kids healthy at the time of concert. No, I did not snarl at Mahesh when he mentioned that he might want to attend the Delhi GP instead of looking after the kids while I troop off to Bangalore.

Um. Why are you giving me that look of disbelief? Why?

Now, tell me, who's going to be there?

Random pictures from Bologna, 2008. Because. 





11 comments:

Perakath said...

Why going Blore and not Gurgaon?

Parul said...

Perakath...both, both :) they might play a longer set in Blr, no?

Perakath said...

Both! Haha... well done; impressive. Yes, I didn't think of longer set but it's possible. Drat-- I had fixed on Delhi but now I'm reconsidering.

The worry in my group has been that if the track isn't certified in time or the race is cancelled for some other reason, the Delhi show will fall through as well.

Parul said...

No yaar, I don't think the race will fall through. Has it ever happened? But come to Blr also? We will catch up there.

Perakath said...

Well Bahrain got cancelled, and the F1 Rocks event along with it. Anything could happen in this country of ours. The problem with Bangalore is getting back to Madras in time for work on Monday. But let's see... am waiting to see ticket prices also :)

chandni said...

I'll be there :D, at both places!

Lakshmi (Laks) said...

me me- in Bangalore- *fingers crossed*

Cuckoo said...

I am going to try and get tickets, figure out baby sitting options in Chennai, stay options in Bangalore, work holiday, tickets to travel... blah blah blah... I am going to a Metallica concert,hopefully... nothing else matters!

Monika said...

yeah come come and I have been looking for blore tickets already am I not lucky to stay in blore ;-)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

You were the first person I thought of when I read the news.

Say hello to my old city for me when you get there. And do tell us which tee you ultimately bought for the concert :-)

Aneela Z said...

this is @#$$-in' unfair...you guys get Metallica and we get stuck with Osama Grand Tour 2011.