Kripya order karein!

Kripya order karein!
Kripya order karein!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blogging's better than....not.

I have been thinking about what it would have been like if I had written my first book and had no blog. No blog! Nowhere to announce it, nowhere to get a hundred-odd congratulatory comments to send me soaring to attention-heaven, no blog friends to run out and get the book as soon as it hit the stands, to read it and discuss it with me, to say 'you did well' and also to kick my ass for screwing up where I did and none to complain if it was not available in their city. No reviews either.

The reviews incidentally haven't ceased. Not just yet anyway. Iya over at The White Rain has had an eventful time, having a birthday, reading my book and then saying this about it...
Among finishing other books I also managed to read Bringing up Vasu, by Parul Sharma. I usually don’t do reviews but this one time I do want to write a bit about this one solely because Parul is the first person I know who has a book to her name :). I have been reading her blog for a few months now and I feel I owe this to her.
Rest of it here.

To continue with the initial train of thought, it would have been very different to do the book without the blog. A little empty. And so I have decided that all things considered, it's nicer to have a blog...than not.

4 comments:

Just someone said...

You are right!!

I admire you! You are a great writer :) with a great sense of humor!

So, keep going...
(not yet got the book in hand, but soon:))

Iya said...

my pleasure parul.
yes this virtual world is as real as the so called real one..

The knife said...

I love blogging...

Hip Grandma said...

i read about the book and asked where it could be obtained. Little did I know that the authoress would visit my blog and comment on it too. Good going. will try to get hold of the book.