Kripya order karein!

Kripya order karein!
Kripya order karein!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am going to copyright Delurk Divus

I am feeling as smug as a bug in a rug and who can blame me? All this attention has gone to my head and am currently floating around with a swollen version of what used to be the old noggin. Suddenly the readers are more real and now I know at least a sample of the population whose nerves I am grating on. In fact, Delurk Divus comes highly recommended and I will be accepting royalties by cash and cheque from bloggers who wish to use the name, thank you.

M was most impressed when things first went into double digits (by itself a commendable feat) and then into three figures. I informed him that some readers were of the view that I had used his unblemished name to further my own motives at which he opined that my readers gave me too much credit. At this point we were interrupted by an unwelcome visitor currently residing in our household and going by the rather apt name of Terrible Twos. A truce has since been declared and Delurk Divus will henceforth be an annual event, marked on whichever date the blogger deems fit. Incidentally, my dear friend Aneela said that this was like an isabgol of a post. It is no surprise that I like Aneela so much.


But thank you, you have made a small-timer very happy.

Some of you wanted to know if I would be replying individually to everyone who wrote in. What can I say? Check the comments space of the last post. It doesn't matter how many, some things don't change.

On that pompous note, my lovelies, till tomorrow or as we Spaniards say, hasta la vista, mis bonitas (I think).

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

U actually replied to each and every comment for your previous post!!!!U ROCK...
Zeb

Hobo ........ ........ ........ said...

Bouncer.

Sharmila said...

Oh do ... please do. :-)
Allow some excerpts to be used .. of course with the link back. Will help people at a loss for appropriate words (and a dash of intelligent humour)... like me. :-)
By the no. of comments on your last post, seems like your D Divus was a hit! :-)

Mama-Mia said...

man!! i am MAHA impressed! not just my number of delurkers but also by your replies! taai taai as cubby would say! :D

and you said i should do it know? to know one way or other! no! i will just spend few more days believing that i have least 100 lurkers! hehe!

cheers!

Just Like That said...

Awesome! the way you reponded to each one of the comments. *applause* Muy bien!

The Orange Cat said...

Sapristi, my lady! I'll contribute to the whoosh of breaths emitted by readers across the world when they find out you've replied to each and every comment on that previous post of yours. Such dedication surely deserves some kind of medal!

Sumit said...

The Delurk Divus was brilliant! Funnily enough, I lurk around your blog regularly, but somehow missed the Delurk post. :P

Talk about irony, huh!

I use Google Analytics to track my traffic, and often wonder why/how people from Romania, Mexico, Spain etc. find their way to me.

Btw, I'm an MBA student at XLRI, currently on a two-month internship stint at Microsoft, Bangalore. (Don't tell them that I use Google Analytics, please.)

adhoorikalpana said...

What a response to delurk divus! I stop by and read your blog, chuckle and smile, and move on(guilty as charged...except i dont know why i dont feel guilty)....occasionally i throw a grateful something up into space for making people like you blog and be accessible to people like me ..grin. Oops..do i need to be on the previous post to get an answer from you? You see, you have set high standards and now you are expected to reply to every comment ..grin.

sigmund said...

aah...all replies in one go...now that is amazing. Truly. "Bows in deep admiration...straightens with a cramp in a back not used to bows". ouch.Delurking forever! or do you mean one only should do it annually? To make it this exciting?

divi said...

super sweet of you to reply to everybody!
hug!

Shweta said...

I am very impressed - you individually responsed to every comment!!! On that happy note, PLEASE to share more detials on the book.

scribblermom said...

how nice of u to reply to each and every comment :)

thanks
batul

Deepti said...

See people just need a poke to start commenting .. smiles sheepishly

Swati said...

Just came by to say ..I am lazy but not always !

Sue said...

Ma cher, you've been tagged. Get to work. http://sunayanaroy.blogspot.com/2009/05/of-numbers-and-books.html

Anuradha said...

You actually replied to all 100+ comments!!! I have been surfing blogs for 5 years now, and have never seen this earlier!

You are special Parul, you know that na?

Divya said...

Oh My!! You actually replied to all the 100+ comments.... Unbelievable..

When I wrote my comment, seeing the number of delurkers I was not so sure if you would be able to reply to all... but was pleasantly surprised seeing the reply to my comment.... Cheers

-Divya

The knife said...

hey parul, i actually posted ur link and wrote something to the same effect...two people came out in the open :)

Parul said...

Anonymous (Zeb), Just Like That, The Orange Cat, sigmund, divi, Shweta, scribblermom, Anuradha, adhoorikalpana, Divya...Gosh, I always reply to comments. Just because there are many is no reason to change the rules. It cut into posting time but that's cool, right?

Hobo...Ok!

Sharmila...Yes, people have been really sweet!

Mama-Mia...And thank yoooooo as Adi would.

Sumit...Ok, ssshh everyone! MBA student at XL? This is great, what fun to find out who my readers are.

Deepti...Looks like it!

Swati...Lazy is good except on DD!

Sue...Will do for sure.

The knife...That's nice!

mandira said...

it mentions polling so im sure there will be some sort of voting... dnt know exact details tho.. will find out n let u know...

Sumit said...

:| Now, that silence was embarrassing! I'm sure many really *important* folks read your blog.

Who knows Larry Page and Sergey Brin might be going through it this very minute to devise some new revenue strategies for their company? ;)

eve's lungs said...

I pop over sometimes . But Im wondering why my daughter hasnt delurked - she reads your blog I know .

Parul said...

mandira...Okies.

Sumit...Hehe, paranoid android!

eve's lungs...Hello! Does your daughter blog? Maybe I can visit it? Someone needs to break the ice.