Kripya order karein!

Kripya order karein!
Kripya order karein!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Brilliant!


The brilliant Kiran from Karmic Kids thought me worthy of this:

I received the award with the grace and dignity that is synonymous with me and immediately thought of a unique and novel way of celebrating. Actually, Kiran is not entirely responsible for what followed. I had been contemplating learning the right way to apply make-up for a fairly long time now. We decided to start small and started with eye-shadow. When I say we, I am referring to YouTube and myself. Well, you know what? They say that you should not trust the internet for a reason.

The lady in question wanted her willing followers to wear something called MAC Family Silver and some Purple Drama and apply it with numbered brushes. I have only Lancome silver and pink eye-shadow and no brushes. However, I am not called The Resourceful One for nothing and so I used my fingers. If you will bother to open the link, you will be amazed at how easy-peasy the lady makes it look. It's not. IT'S NOT. A few minutes later, I could have been roaming the streets of Transylvania, a black cape billowing about my legs and blood streaming down the corners of my mouth and no one would batted an eye-lid, unfortunate pun, possibly shrugging and saying - Oh, the Count's had a good dinner today.

So, if I am not feeling particularly brilliant right now, you will forgive me, won't you?

It's a good thing that I am already drop-dead gorgeous and don't really need any make-up. Well, actually I wanted M to say that but given that it has already been a few hours since he got into the house and did a double-take (in a bad way) on seeing me, I have a feeling thats not going to happen.

Anyway, coming back to the award - I would like to give it to the following decor/design blogs. Just looking at the homes in these makes me produce copious amounts of drool. Take a look if you haven't already. They are all brilliant. Like me. Allegedly. Woo hoo.
Oh Joy
Design*Sponge
Absolutely Beautiful Things
Desire to Inspire
Hoping for Happy Accidents
Apartment Therapy
Decor8

These blogs are really successful and popular so I don't know whether they will acknowledge my piddly gesture of goodwill and admiration but in case they do, here are the rules, people:

This award is for blogs whose content and design are brilliant as well as creative.

The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.

1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
5. And then we pass it on!

***
Everyone's been raving about The Dark Knight. I wish I could also watch it. While I am at it, how about some other equally desirable movies such as 'Chak De, Bihar' and 'Bihari Mafia' - both starring Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kishen? Or is it Kissen? Or Kisshen? Talking of unsavoury characters and misspelt film-titles, how about the capless-but-still-unpalatable Himesh Bhai in Karzzzz? Why stop at four zees though, I ask of you? With a man as boring as HR, it should be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

***

8 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:D

i even gave up on trying to apply nailpolish ages ago!! when it starts looking horribly chipped, i go get a pedicure!! :p

i saw trailer of karzzzz recently and was completely horrified!! rishi kapoor to be replaced by HR??!! what has the world come to??!! :(

fun post as always!!

cheers!

abha

Mona said...

i've been looking up desing blogs recently too. two days ago i stumbled on designsponge and this morning a friend suggested apartment therapy. weird.
:)

Kiran said...

Congrats for the award ! :)
keep it up!!

DotThoughts said...

Congrats! You deserve every (umm)ounce of the award :)

Orchid said...

thanks for the links....i know u were trying to award them but still....
my kinda links, really....like i don't browse enough already, like i dont spend enough on home decor and the like already......

Parul said...

mama-mia - I know...i mean Monty is Rishi Kapoor, no?

mona - oh, you must be totally addicted by now, yes?

kiran - thank you so much.

dotthoughts - thank you!

orchid- oh come on, just a little more won't hurt (and that is how I have a hangover now).

Manasa said...

These design blogs are amazing. Even a few food and embroidery blogs are simply gr8!

Mona said...

dude, i don't like apartment therapy as much, but design sponge! daaaaamn. it has me drooling!!